New Jersey farms produce some of the finest fruits and vegetables in the nation. Bringing New Jersey produce to our homes is healthy for our bodies, better for our environment and great for our economy. I want more people to understand why we’re known as the Garden State in the first place.
- Supporting New Jersey farmers and the sale of healthy, fresh, locally-grown foods
- Ensuring specialty crop growers remain eligible for federal assistance
- Fighting against cuts to vital nutrition assistance for millions of low-income families
- Promoting healthy, local, and sustainable food options for our children at school
Promoting Garden State crops
Bob has been fighting for New Jersey farmers, securing funding for initiatives such as Jersey Fresh, the New Jersey Farm Bureau, and the Rutgers Cooperative Extension, programs that support our farmers and our agriculture industry.
Providing healthy foods for healthy growth
Bob has been supporting programs that provide children with nutritional and healthy meals in schools so they can develop healthy bodies and healthy minds.
Helping rural communities
Bob worked to make sure New Jersey’s rural communities can continue to take advantage of USDA’s rural development programs as part of the 2014 Farm Bill.
Feeding hungry families
Bob opposed cuts to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) in the 2014 Farm Bill.
Advocating for efficiency in farming
Bob has been supporting the Resource Conservation and Development Program, which conducts farm energy audits, helps farmers use energy more efficiently and offers technical assistance to farmers and foresters so they could promote sustainable energy sources.
Battling invasive species
Bob worked to secure research funding to contain threats of invasive species in New Jersey, including ways to contain stinkbugs. Bob understands invasive species pose serious dangers to family farms and our nation’s food supply.
Latest on Agriculture
- Menendez, Booker Call on US Dept. of Agriculture to Help Ensure All Americans Have Access to Healthy, Affordable Food During Pandemic
- Menendez, Pascrell Call on FDA to Stop Promoting Unproven COVID-19 Treatments that Could Endanger Patients
- Sens. Menendez, Booker, Rep. Pascrell Urge USDA to Allow NJ SNAP Beneficiaries to Participate in Online Shopping Pilot Program Amidst COVID-19 Outbreak
- Menendez, Booker, Pascrell Urge Action to Feed Students during Epidemic
- Menendez, Booker Announce $9M in Federal Financing to Build New Wildwood Firehouse
- Menendez, Booker Announce $4M in Federal Funding to Restore Water Systems in Woodbine
- Menendez, Booker Announces $2.5M in Federal Funding to Build New Food Industry Commercialization Center in Bridgeton