Senators Menendez, Chiesa Announce More Than $6.2 Million in Federal Sandy relief for Paramus, State Emergency Management Office, NJ Human Services Department
Funds will reimburse costs of repairing storm damage, removing debris
September 19, 2013
WASHINGTON, DC - U.S. Senators Robert Menendez (D-NJ) and Jeff Chiesa (R-NJ) today announced $6,277,662.83 in federal Sandy relief grants for Paramus, the N.J. Office of Emergency Management and the N.J. Department of Human Services to reimburse costs incurred as a result of Superstorm Sandy. The grants are provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Public Assistance grant program.
“Whether it’s for a county government repairing public facilities, or Jersey Shore communities rebuilding storm-damaged boardwalks, every bit of Sandy relief moves New Jersey forward in our recovery from the storm,” said Senator Menendez, who helped lead the New Jersey delegation in the fight for federal Sandy relief. “I am very glad to see this assistance coming to Paramus, the State OEM, and the New Jersey Human Services Department. I will continue to fight for the federal resources we need to continue the progress on our recovery.”
“These resources help our communities continue recouping the substantial costs incurred during and after Superstorm Sandy,” said Senator Chiesa. “I commend FEMA for their continued attention to the New Jersey recovery and providing our cities and towns with the resources they desperately need.”
The funding announced today includes:
- $1,270,468.85 to Paramus to reimburse costs associated with loading, hauling, and disposal of debris as a result of Superstorm Sandy.
- $3,716,421.00 to the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management for grants management activities as a result as a result of Superstorm Sandy.
- $1,290,772.98 to the New Jersey Department of Human Services for the repair of four parking lots damaged as a result of Superstorm Sandy.
Public Assistance grants are awarded by FEMA on a rolling basis after receiving applications from the state, which coordinates the process with local governments.
Search Press Releases
Recent Press Releases
- 04/24 Chairman Menendez Statement on the Anniversary of the Rana Plaza Tragedy in Bangladesh »
- 04/21 Sens. Menendez, Booker Announce $4.6M in FEMA Sandy Relief »
- 04/18 Chairman Menendez Statement on Latest Developments in Ukraine »
- 04/17 Sen. Menendez Urges FTC to Intervene on Behalf of General Mills Customers »